Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:46 pm 
Not sure if I ever posted in this particular one, but thought I'd toss a hello since I'm active in the boards again (4U City Red pulled me out, good job Pete. :) )

Long-time Sluggite Cult-leader in Pete's great home-state of Jersey, we even dragged him out to our Ren-fair a few times as a few of our alumns were old buddies of him. Currently doing ministry closer to Zoë's homeland. :zoe: Been here since before the old board upgrade, remember it being a bit livelier too but its nice to still have a place to geek out on my favorite comic with folks.

Also an original playtester of the upcoming RPG... I know guys, I'll keep bugging the creator on that (though with Pete juggling so many balls lately I honestly don't know the main factor right now). :P My avatar may BE my Black Ops Elf Ninja from that, I'm still trying to figure out if Pete consciously or unconsciously wrote him into the 28 Geeks plot, though given that most Sluggite cameos die horribly, I should probably not ask too closely and just be grateful. :P

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:50 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
I must be new here...
My post-count is really low!
I really like cheese.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:50 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Hey cheese. LTNS.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
(For real, right? I miss you guys!)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:41 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
We got games. You could join.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:55 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Welcome back, queso!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 pm 
Hi everybody! I'm back! (Dead silence...) You remember me, don't you? I took a year break from Sluggy, and I am back. I do this not because I don't like Sluggy (I love Sluggy), but because I sometimes get bored and distracted! Also, I really like reading Sluggy in "archive" form (i.e. not having to wait a whole day to get to the next comic!) Also, I was really getting into Girl Genius, and decided to get into a committed relationship with it! Anyway, seriously (yeah, right), I am back and I missed all of my Sluggy forum friends! :kiki: (P.S. - I am currently getting "caught up" and loving every minute of it! <3)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:09 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Welcome back.

Feel free to make some noise.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:32 pm 
reflexbc wrote:
Hi everybody! I'm back! (Dead silence...) You remember me, don't you? I took a year break from Sluggy, and I am back. I do this not because I don't like Sluggy (I love Sluggy), but because I sometimes get bored and distracted! Also, I really like reading Sluggy in "archive" form (i.e. not having to wait a whole day to get to the next comic!) Also, I was really getting into Girl Genius, and decided to get into a committed relationship with it! Anyway, seriously (yeah, right), I am back and I missed all of my Sluggy forum friends! :kiki: (P.S. - I am currently getting "caught up" and loving every minute of it! <3)

As a Sluggite-Cult Leader I can happily offer you a polygamous marriage. As a Cult such things are more or less expected of us by society. So no worries about returning. We'll withhold any of the archaic stoning penalties for adultery or what-have you that most religions still have kicking around. :P

*Goes without say but my Sluggite Cult-leadership duties differ greatly from my real life ministry pursuits... though I do frequently use them for satire of religions in general and mine in particular :P*

Post Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:03 pm 
Hey everyone, long time no post! 2015 was an odd year around my house without much chance for spare time trolling forums.

On the plus side, I received an excellent new little Bacon Bit (TM) on April 30th. My adorable little Linda arrived with very little difficulty (although the Baconatrix didn't much care for any of the 7 hours of it) and is a healthy little hellion, now newly mobile on all four cute little limbs. My son (he's four years old) is happy about being a big brother, although how long that will continue nobody can really say.

On the minus side, in June we lost their mother to a massive seizure. She had a seizure condition but it had been literally years since her last relatively minor seizure. So I'm now a single dad with an infant and a preschooler. Any parent can tell you how much work it is with two of you, much less one. Spare time, not so much...

Anyways, was going to post on the POOP forums and realized everyone might be curious as to where I came back from, so I posted here. Happy to be back!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:00 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze

Dude...

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Just...

Dude. My heart goes out to you. Seriously.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:24 am 
I appreciate that, Kajin. It was a hard hit but you have to take the good with the bad sometimes and my daughter is a miracle in more than one way. If things had gone differently it was entirely possible I could have lost the both of them that terrible day.

I get down sometimes but it's hard to be too far down when she smiles at me like little ones do when they see their parent. And my son is amazing, such a smart and active little dude. I try very hard to think about the good things in my life... there are worse games to play after all.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:28 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
I am so sorry for your loss Baconbots. My heart goes out to you and I wish you all the best.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:13 am 
Noooo! Not the Baconatrix! I'm so sorry, baconbots.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:46 pm 
Baconbots, it's really good to see you again. I'm really sorry for your loss. I always felt a special connection to the Baconatrix, given that I made up her forum name.

I can't imagine what it would be like trying to raise my little ones without their mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions