Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:59 am 
All hail the glorious Pete Abrams, our lord and savior! A few things Sluggy-related:

I have walked the path to enlightenment by reading the archives, and am currently rereading Oasis stories to look for a trend. I noticed a slight hole: where did Oasis learn Zoƫ's name in chapter 27? She was never referenced by name in TLP: Part 2.
I will most likely be posting in the Oasis thread a lot. Because I like Oasis.

Biggest nitpick: the nanite-reboots in 4U City. I can rant about those all day.
Second-biggest nitpick: given the roots, the term should be "telepyrotic", not "pyrokinetic".

A few things about me:

I got blasted into the Dimension of Ziti, (suggestions for a better name are welcome) and the master chefs there taught me in the ancient art of ramen-making. Then, one day, I ate some radioactive spaghetti and gained superpowers. I am now RamenChef, with the ability to cook ramen with my mind! Wait, I'm going way too in-depth for my backstory. It's just a funny username I thought of which turned into my internet surname.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:08 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Hail Pete!

Anyway, this strip should help with your burning question... No wait, the burning thing is why do you think Oasis's ability should be called "heartburn at a distance"? Though if you really hate the word pyrokinesis, you should complain to the writer Stephen King.

Huh, radioactive spaghetti? And you can now cook ramen with your mind? Odd. That doesn't sound like the Dimension of Ziti... It sounds more like the Dimension of Farfalline. Though my remembrances of the different dimensions is probably skewed due to the interdimesional pasta wars boiling over many times over the millennia.

Um, I think there is something else I should talk about... Ah yes, the anchor of the...no that's not it. So... Oh, is it? Huh? Yeah that's it! Pesterers! ... Or the lack of...possibly...

Pesterers are loathsome creatures that usually dress all in black and annoy newcomers from the shadows. Oddly, they think they deserve to have newcomers give them original poetry created and written by you the newcomer for annoying you. But if their siren song is to your liking and give them what they oh so desire, they will give you a gift. But if you are not interested in a gift, you do not need to give them anything. The tradition is the pestering, no the poetry.

Lastly, welcome to the forum RamenChef. May the fusilli be with you.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:31 pm 
Here's a poem:

This is a Haiku with
One extra syllable per line.
Sadly, it is still short.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:58 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Oh! A nonstandard haiku you have done. For this I must also give you a nonstandard gift.

Wait here while I go subdue your gift with enough tranquilizer to kill 12 elephants...hmm, last time that wasn't enough... Okay 14 elephants then. Where did I put the, oh, there it is. So about half and hour so until I... Um, wait. What am I thinking? This isn't a nonstandard gift. This is a perfectly.

Here's a large ugly dull yellow rock for you. Pretty sure that's not something normal you humans give each other. At least I think so since that one crazy member likes throwing rocks at new people. And that doesn't sound like something you would do if it was a gift.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:18 am 
I Seem to have been missing for a while. Odd because I've been somewhere the whole time, I just can't... Wait, wasn't Zil going on about something... Something about a singular experience. Or was that a singularity experience? Zil, what WAS that in your refrigerator?

Poetry! A little non standard, but beggars can't be choosers, no matter. I have for you a wimpy slice of dark matter cake. Sorry, you can't see it, but I assure you, the universe revolves around this stuff.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions