Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:51 am 
Well that's not actually true. I had an account on these forums a few years back, but I don't remember the password,and I imagine it got scrubbed at some point due to inactivity. Anyhow...

Almost 20 years ago I was surfing the internet when somehow I came upon an image/link that literally made me laugh for ten solid minutes. Seriously, I was starting to get lightheaded at the end of it. This picture was of a man holding a hamburger, that was looking him in the eyes and screaming "UNHAND ME, FOOLISH MORTAL!" I clicked, and thus began not only my love affair with this webcomic, but has since, over the years, gotten me into dozens of other webcomics as well, that I still read on a daily basis.

Pete Abrams, thank you for this. This hobby has been one of my favorite respites for going on two decades now, and had I the talent for art or writing, I would be a part of, myself.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:06 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum JP.

I'm too tired right now to think of much of anything to say. Maybe I'll say something tomorrow if I'm more awake...

Though I will say that your previous account is still around. Accounts don't get scrubbed for inactivity. What was the name?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:16 am 
Thanks for the welcome!

Well, that's the other thing, I can't remember. It may have been "somnimiles", but I use about a dozen different monikers on the internet in various places,so who knows. This is the one I used to most nowadays,though, so I'll probably just stick with it.

I remember the first time I registered I had to write a poem or something for some reason for authorization, so I wrote an ode to Bun Bun to the tune of Pink Floyd's "Money" called "Bunny", but can't remember any of the lyrics.

Edit: I think I only ever posted like, three times on that account, anyway.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:03 am 
I was hoping to get back to you sooner than this...

I wanted to find your old account -just for the heck of it- but I haven't had any luck so far. "somnimiles" sound somewhat familiar and I thought I also remember someone mentioning the talking hamburger in the past. Not sure why I can't find it. Oh well, I'll try something else some other time since it is starting to annoy me that I can't find it. Considering that we have accounts with members that haven't been around for more than ten years, I'm not sure why I can't find yours.

As for the poetry you wrote for the other account, it wasn't necessary for authorization. That was just you falling for the Pesterers' tricks. There's a tradition here of Pesterers pestering the newcomers for poetry. Though that doesn't seem to happen much anymore since most of them crawled out of their small dank holes and went into the light to work in less reputable jobs in brightly lit clean cubicles. It gives me shivers just thinking about it...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:24 pm 
Well now you got me curious, so I started punching in old handles of mine and finally found it: Pink Freud.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14795&p=446858#p446858

Man, I was kinda proud of the little poem slice at the time but in retrospect Holy Damn is it bad...

Edit: Hah I think I still have that avatar on my HD. I've only ever used it here. Oh god I'm a digital hoarder.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:36 pm 
Aaaand now I have it back again, with new password. I thought it might be this one but misunderstood the error message because of my dumb brain and thought it was saying it didn't exist, I suppose. Probably could've saved you some time and trouble if I'd given it a little more patience. Sorry about that.

Gah, now I have to decide which name is dumber and choose the other, I guess.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:28 am 
I hate the search function on this forum. It won't look for anything that is less that four letters long and if the word has any capitalization, it has to be exactly the same.

Couldn't search for "ode" or "Bun-Bun" and the thing that might have pointed me to your old account was the poem "bunny" but you had that word capitalized. Oh well.

Now as for which name is dumber...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:42 am 
Don't leave me hangin' bro.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:39 am 
I think I' going to stick with this one, actually. It's the one I use the most regarding webcomics stuff.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:36 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Zillatain wrote:
I hate the search function on this forum. It won't look for anything that is less that four letters long and if the word has any capitalization, it has to be exactly the same.

Couldn't search for "ode" or "Bun-Bun" and the thing that might have pointed me to your old account was the poem "bunny" but you had that word capitalized. Oh well.

Now as for which name is dumber...

The true tragedy of the search function is that it used to be *SO GOOD* too. But one of the forum software updates wrecked it. One of the issues that I remember is that it doesn't find anything from before the update. Not sure if that's still the case though. I've found using google with a site:sluggy.net parameter to be a viable alternative to the built in search.

Er oh yeah the TOPIC!

Welcome Pink Freud/Johnny Fever! Since you technically satisfied the poetry requirement with your old account I offer you this recursive link!

(It's been so long since I'd given a gift that I had to look back at some old posts for ideas on what to give.)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:09 pm 
Postception! I Love it, thank you.

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions