Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:02 pm 
You had me at "Could you jump up and down for us, mister?"

I've been a fan of Sluggy Freelance since the late 90s. It was the Sci-Fi Adventure where I got hooked (being a fan of Star Trek and Aliens), and I've enjoyed every story arc since. I'm particularly fond of Oceans Unmoving, especially with the plot twist at the end.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Pete wraps up the Hereti-Corp/Oasis storyline.

Things have changed a lot since Pete started Sluggy. There's a ton of content out there on the Internet now, some of which I'm addicted to (looking at you "Critical Role" and RoosterTeeth). But one thing hasn't changed--I start every day at work bringing up a browser and getting my daily dose of Sluggy as my morning ritual. (That's if I haven't already peeked the night before...)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:47 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Welcome to the forum Xalstoth!

It is amazing how Pete constantly comes up with plot twist for most of his stories that nobody sees coming even when he has little clues sprinkled about. Oasis always tended to have fire around her but nobody connected the dots.

Yes there is a lot of things out there now. Almost too much really. But with Sluggy, it has been the one I have stuck with the longest and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Of course the forum might fall apart if I did...

Anyway, a lot of new people signed up recently, so I will have to keep this short (and amazingly identical). There used to be Pesterers to pester you for poetry, but who knows if that will happen. Even though you may not be pestered, if you do post an original poem--usually haiku but any (clean) type is accepted--written by you, you may also receive a gift in return. The "gift" may be useless or fatal, but it's a surprise. Lastly, the pestering is the tradition here, not the poetry.

Now go forth and mingle!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:20 pm 
I gave it some thought and came up with 2 Sluggy-inspired haiku.

The first is a theory of mine (before Dr. Chen revealed the secret about the birthing chamber--I'm still not convinced he isn't lying).

How does Oasis
Keep returning from the dead?
My guess is nanites.

The second is my thoughts on a certain CEO.

Evil Doctor Schlock
Has an inflated ego.
Karma awaits him.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:20 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wow, two haiku. And no, that doesn't mean you get two gifts as well.

You seem like someone who could use a pet. I'll see what I have in Dimensional Storage in the quarantine area. Wait here.

Sorry it took awhile but I think I... What are you looking at? Oh don't worry, that leg of mine will "grow" back, and that cute Jazaleth here didn't do that. She is one of the few animals to still exist after her planet's global ecosystem completely collapsed. She is very easy to take care, you only have to feed her any plant based material. So just let her go out grazing on the grass or trees or let her roam a lumber yard. Just be sure to not feed her too much or she might give birth to a litter of clones. Also when she is content she will exude a fluid from her side quills that will kill 100% of any microbes/bacteria it comes in contact with.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:42 pm 
Wow, that's exactly what I wanted! How did you know?
Personally, I don't call it Dimensional Storage--I refer to it as Hammer Space, but to-may-to, to-mah-to.

I'm not much of a poster; I'm more of a lurker. So you probably won't see me pop up on any of the main threads any time soon.
But before I start my "radio silence", I want to thank you, Zillatain, for inducting me into the Sluggite Zone.
I imagine that there's quite a bit to keep track of on this site, so I also want to thank you for all your efforts on moderating this site.

Cheers!

Board index » Chat Forums » Introductions