Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:08 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Rain. And then more rain. Oh, and did I mention? RAIN!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Just bought a bunch of clothing to replace old, worn out clothing. Selected a bunch of dark blues and grays in order to try and appear more professional at work. I normally wear colors that are green and brown and the chromatic shift in my wardrobe is causing me discomfort for some reason.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:09 pm 
Mac OS X Yosemite, just Mac OS X Yosemite!

Just a list of (the numerous) problems:

-I can no longer watch videos or listen to songs on the system without the audio chopping and skipping beyond belief.
-Programs that booted in seconds now take minutes to engage, and it chews up all available resources to initialize
-Attempting to multi-task, the self-proclaimed point of this OS, causes the system to lag and freeze for minutes on end
-FireFox takes forever to load and hangs every other action
-The program freezes and hangs in the middle of typing a sentence in Word!?
-Accessing the Internet is impossible
-The system is overall too slow
-Transferring files used to take at most 10 minutes, now I have to sit down for over an hour

Screw this Gorram OS, I'm never buying another Mac (while typing this the system hung twice for over a minute). In the meantime I'm backing my files up, reinstalling OS X Mavericks to a thumb drive, then reformatting the HD and reinstalling. Anyone who has a Mac but hasn't upgraded to the new OS; DON'T.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:28 am 
Synthetic petrolium production.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:17 am 
My kidneys, or rather the fact that my immune system has resumed eating them. :bert:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:03 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
That sounds thoroughly unpleasant.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:36 am 
Yeah, well, when I was diagnosed five years ago the doc thought I'd be on dialysis in six months, so I guess there's still hope. This big drop in my kidney function after it's been flat for so long has just got me really freaked out.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:44 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Doesn't your immune system know that it should be saving its strength for fighting off H7D3? ("Under a Graveyard Sky" reference).

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:44 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Had a magazine that was going to expire shortly. Annoyingly I missed/forgot cut-off date for nicely discounted three year renewal (which is what I normally get). After that, they kept sending me offers by mail to only renew for one year at a much higher rate.

After ignoring all of those for months and hoping for a better rate, finally received an offer for a two year rate by email. It was actually a better per year rate than the three year one. But of course I stupidly didn't renew right at that instance, and forgot about it. Remembered after the cut-off date had passed, but clicked the link anyway and found it still worked. Yeah!

Now when I renewed, it gave me the option to change the name/address on the label. I really haven't been liking that it had my full name on it from when I got it many years ago but I was too lazy to do anything about it. But this was easy, so I changed it. I knew there could possibly be a problem by doing this so near the subscription end. Figured I might have an overlap of the last issue since the computer might decide that these are two different subscriptions due to the name change.

Received the December issue today with the old info on it and announcing in large type that this is the LAST ISSUE UNLESS YOU RENEW RIGHT NOW. And I also received today...the October and November issue with the new info...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:30 am 
The fact that I don't post in the Sluggy Forums as often as I should...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:33 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Got the LEGO Movie Videogame from Gamefly today, popped it in, played two levels, then watched it repeatedly freeze the ps3 in the middle of a cutscene in the third level.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm 
Hospitals... on a Sunday... trying to get someone discharged...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Mac OS X Yosemite, just Mac OS X Yosemite!

Anyone who has a Mac but hasn't upgraded to the new OS; DON'T.

Weird. Yosemite has been much better for me. The only problem I've had is very occasional hangs, from which I can quickly recover (10 seconds).

Which reminds me...

Zillatain wrote:
As some of you know, I have been coloring some of the strips.

Once I zoomed out... crap. The history wouldn't go back far enough and I'd already saved the file after the screw up.

I take it you're not on a mac. That would be readily reversed, with the native automatic file versioning.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:52 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Not having the creativity to participate in the top two WGARS threads. Also, you know that job I mentioned? I got laid off already =T. On the flip side...

Post Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:21 am 
Not sure what is going on, but for about a week now, when I go to vote for Sluggy on TWC it's not taking my vote half the the time. It's literally every other day. One day yes, next day no.

I vote about the same time each day, and as always it tells me that that I can vote again in nineteen hours. So there shouldn't be any problem with voting too soon. Checking their IP Stats over four days, my IP only shows up four times, but only two counted and the others tell me I already voted.

If this keeps up, I'll have to contact them. I won't know until my "Saturday" vote, since by the pattern, my "Friday" vote will go through.

EDIT: Contacted them. Though I'm betting I get a response that ignores what I stated.

Now on to my second annoyance:

How in the hell did I not see drachefly's post until now?!? I usually check GC everyday to see if there's new posts. It's been two weeks! What in the...?
drachefly wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
As some of you know, I have been coloring some of the strips.
Once I zoomed out... crap. The history wouldn't go back far enough and I'd already saved the file after the screw up.
I take it you're not on a mac. That would be readily reversed, with the native automatic file versioning.
True, I'm on Windows. But even if I was on a Mac, I doubt it would do much good. What I've seen is their file versioning is only for documents.

But I thought I was misremembering, so I did a more extensive search, and all I could every find is that everybody talking about it referred to it versioning "documents". Nothing about any other file types. I may be mistaken but I haven't been able to find anything.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat