Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:34 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Spent 10 hours of my birthday in the ER with my wife. What was supposed to be a relaxing after work massage gift turned into a "rush out and come back to the ER" massage so I wouldn't pay a penalty. Then finally getting dinner late, and coming home to put a screaming toddler down who should have been asleep 3 hours ago but grandma doesn't know how to lay down the law enough to get her to sleep (I had her from screaming to down in 15 mins, she was soooo tired). Ate a cold dinner, then collapsed.

It's no ones fault, and I've lied to say it was fine, but even trying to bide time watching procedurals in the room with her it was a pretty sucky day. I guess I'm still sore about last year, when about 5% of those invited came to my 30th: we rented out a room and had like 5 people. Combine that with a pretty sucky 31 and meh... Maybe giving up on trying to have a decent birthday anymore.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:50 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Tried to meet up with Solara, but should have thought to send a message so I could find her. Did find some nice mushrooms though.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:49 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
Tried to meet up with Solara, but should have thought to send a message so I could find her. Did find some nice mushrooms though.

I got off at one today. Sad face. Although, if you were there before then, I was the checker in the elf hat

Post Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:58 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
The blonde lady on express checkout pointed to me Tina, who was very confused when she came on shift at twelve-thirty. I spose I could drive back up there, check for another four-meals-in-one deal in the back.....

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:15 pm 
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
The blonde lady on express checkout pointed to me Tina, who was very confused when she came on shift at twelve-thirty. I spose I could drive back up there, check for another four-meals-in-one deal in the back.....

We've been doing those regularly. Can't beat the deal! I'm there every day between now and Christmas in the mornings

Post Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:02 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Trying to go to the bottom of a webpage and finding that it doesn't have one since it keeps loading more stuff every time you scroll down. And on top of that you start to notice that it starts repeating more and more items the farther down you go.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:28 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I know it's a stupid annoyance to have because everything I'm doing is great but, I wish I had more time to spend on this site.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:24 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Steave wrote:
I know it's a stupid annoyance to have because everything I'm doing is great but, I wish I had more time to spend on this site.

Sadly, you're not missing much. The off topic forums (minus Intros, ironically!) are in the middle of a huge quiet slump..I mean, we've been on a downward trajectory for a long long time, but I think now we are pretty close to if not at bottom. =T (I guess this post works as MY current annoyance. X-D )

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:46 pm 
Mom calls me this am "Hey, I'm meeting up with your brother, want to have lunch with us?" Sure, ok, she'll call me when they're ready. 2 pm rolls around, I'm STARVING, no phone call. I'm about to call her when I see a snapchat notification. From my brother. Showing his lunch at Panera. She "forgot" to call me. #irritated

Post Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:20 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I had everything set up to post on this other forum.

Made sure everything I'd written was below the (low) character limit for the forum. All seven of those were checked, rechecked, and saved as their own documents so there was no chance for a copy and paste error. Had all of them open and in order so I could copy them and then paste them into their own post as quickly as possible. Wanted to make sure to do it as quickly as possible to reduce the chance of someone posting in the middle of this.

Started the thread with the first one, quickly selected to add a reply, copied the second one, pasted it in, pressed send... "Processing, Please Wait..."

This is the exact same thing it does when it is over the character limit. So I quickly cut off part of it...and it does post. Yeah! Then...I see that the second (reduced) one was edited into the first post. What?! Recheck data that's for the second post and discover it's under the character limit... Do some other tests and five minutes go by. Start worrying that someone might post even though I asked them to wait. Still good though.

Found out that if you post right after one of your own posts, it will try to edit the that post into the previous. No way I could put all of the data into one post. Might have to beg people to post every other one and have them paste in my data. But before that, I just keep trying the second one over and over hoping for a miracle. It finally goes through! After about ten minutes of trying.

Finally figured out what was going on. About every ten minutes I could post. Took about an hour to post everything. Happily though, no one posted before it was done.

I've seen they don't have a limit on how fast you can post in threads. Or if they do, it is very short. Never even considered that they had something in place to prevent double posting.

Wow this story got longer than I expected. Anyway, here's the thread that gave me such trouble. If you dare.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:30 pm 
I am jealous.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
I destroyed my macbook pro, had to order a new one... it's a business expense, but still not something I was looking to do while saving towards building a house this year! The silver lining is I can deduct it, because I need it for my contracting work, just not for another year.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:08 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Got a problem with my heart. Not serious by itself, but it could lead to other problems down the line that are decidedly more serious. Went in Friday morning to have the defect fixed. Doctors failed miserably. Still nothing serious, but I have some wonderful purple bruising in areas where I don't need any wonderful purple bruising.

Have a followup scheduled in two weeks to figure out where to go from here. One of the options is medication for the rest of my left. Other options may or may not be slightly more invasive surgeries that will leave more than just wonderful purple bruising.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Bah.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:25 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Kajin wrote:
Got a problem with my heart. Not serious by itself, but it could lead to other problems down the line that are decidedly more serious. Went in Friday morning to have the defect fixed. Doctors failed miserably. Still nothing serious, but I have some wonderful purple bruising in areas where I don't need any wonderful purple bruising.

Have a followup scheduled in two weeks to figure out where to go from here. One of the options is medication for the rest of my left. Other options may or may not be slightly more invasive surgeries that will leave more than just wonderful purple bruising.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

Bah.

Oh geez, sorry Kajin. Was it a case of something they THOUGHT they could fix but found out they couldn't? Or just incompetence?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:53 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
They thought they could fix it but couldn't. The procedure, called an ablation, is a pretty routine thing. They go in, map out the electrical nerves in my heart, and then burn away a small section of it. In my case the section they were going to burn out was a defective extra nerve that grew in where it wasn't supposed to and sometimes causes a feedback loop where the electrical impulse that makes my heart beat hits it and makes my heart run at insane and unhealthy speeds.

The problem was that the nerve grew into an area that was almost impossible to find and almost impossible to reach, so a procedure that should have taken only an hour or so instead lasted for four hours and ended in utter failure. Basically just bad luck on my part from what I understand.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat