Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:46 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
I saw the new Star Wars movie, and that is the last time I will watch a new one. I may be in the minority on this, but I'm firmly of the opinion that Disney done screwed it up.

Just watched it. I did have some cognitive dissonance about how exactly all of the right people ended up in exactly the right spots to do the exactly right things*, but it was entertaining.

I also like the casting choices they made, the new actors seem pretty good this time... I'm looking at you, Hayden Christiansen... and it didn't feel like a political drama like the prequels. It felt much more like A New Hope than Phantom Menace.

*yes, yes, I know Star Wars has the automatic "It's the Force" deus ex machina, but I felt a bit insulted this time around.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:44 pm 
I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that despite being a long-time Halo fan, I absolutely HATE the original Combat Evolved. Why?

Your shields take way too long to recharge.
Your health never replenishes on its own.
Plasma grenades take way too freaking long to detonate
You can't melee the flood effectively.
NO decent mid/long-range weapons aside from the incredibly rare Sniper Rifle.
In almost every level you're forced into a hallway with large amounts of well-armed and tough enemies with zero cover and crappy weapons (looking at you, Two Betrayals).
And no matter how many grenades I throw at them, those dang reactor vents in The Maw NEVER FREAKING DETONATE!

As soon as I'm done with the main campaign achievements, I'm never playing this Halo again...

/Rant

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:43 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Car battery has a two year free replacement warranty on it... car battery gives up the ghost today because of the cold.

It was installed January 3, 2014...

ONE FLIPPING MONTH

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:16 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Also, we have snow again. After a foot of snow fell a few days ago and shut down the city. And I got stuck in it.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:02 pm 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
Also, we have snow again. After a foot of snow fell a few days ago and shut down the city. And I got stuck in it.

Yeah, what passes for snow removal in this town is ridiculous... at least we didn't get MUCH more last night.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:57 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
There's a restaurant in my city I really like, that opened up in August -I think- of last year. I'm worried about it staying around...

Opening hours:
0600 - 2200

Hours a few months ago:
0730 - 2100

Hours next month:
1030 - 2000

Post Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:44 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Zillatain wrote:
There's a restaurant in my city I really like, that opened up in August -I think- of last year. I'm worried about it staying around...

Opening hours:
0600 - 2200

Hours a few months ago:
0730 - 2100

Hours next month:
1030 - 2000

They could just be adjusting their hours based on when they're getting business. If you're not doing a great deal of breakfast business then opening before 10:30 doesn't make financial sense. Also, most people aren't going to be going out for a nice meal after 8 pm. Keep in mind that most of the denizens of this board are not what most people would consider normal.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Losing breakfast isn't really a concern. It felt tacked on. I can't find a menu of breakfast online on their site (or even this location). Which made if feel like it was a test.

Cutting two hours off the original closing time in only six months is what concerns me.

Just hope they don't end up closing before I get my "punch card" filled (and used).

Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
It's possible the hours remaining are more than profitable. Like LobosSolos said, they probably just cut back the hours that they weren't making anything.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:40 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
My entire floor got laid off. I have sixty days to find new positions in the company, or elsewhere. But....

Post Posted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:55 am 
How come whenever I say 'I don't want to dance', people interpret it as 'I just need to get him out on the dance floor in front of everyone to make him go through something he doesn't know how to do while he's clearly extremely uncomfortable and he'll just love dancing!'

No, what it really means is: 'I don't want to dance and never will, please leave me alone!' :bunbun:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:11 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Got hit in the face with a bar of metal. May have chipped one of my front teeth. It feels a touch loose as well, but unsure if imagination or not. Scheduling a trip to the dentist at earliest opportunity.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:38 pm 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
My current annoyance is the same annoyance I've always had: I get annoyed about getting annoyed, thus: parannoyed.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:34 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Asked the walmart electronics attendant to grab me a charger cable for my PS4 controller. I got home to find that he'd grabbed a PS3 cable instead. That's five bucks down the drain.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:27 pm 
Windows 10: you suck. You suck so very much and if I didn't need you to play videogames I'd honestly go back to being a Mac in a heartbeat, hang the expense. Your automatic updates drive up the internet cost, they're slowly consuming my gaming laptop's resources and slowing down my framerate while gaming, and you just broke my trackpad's drivers again. And unlike last time, you've managed to break them so thoroughly that I can't fix them!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat