Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:08 am 
AOL: da drumber
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
GoatChops wrote:
My Current annnoyance - Rocking up 5 minutes before a specificed event start time just to end up waiting 1 hour for everyone else to finally show.

I'll echo that annoyance. Being the ONLY one to show up on time.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:03 pm 
Losing your wireless and having to use your phone to check Sluggy and post on the forum... Stupid computer not linking to the wireless anymore... *grumble*

End of Line.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm 
Blegh. I've been sick 2 days in a row but not with any identifiable ailment. The day before, I had cold chills and possibly a mild fever. Yesterday, I had no more chills but got a headache so bad it made me puke at the office. (In the bathroom, thankfully). Both days, I woke up feeling more or less OK, and started feeling terrible in the mid-afternoon. I have no other symptoms. It doesn't seem to be any identifiable form of cold, flu, stomach bug, food poisoning, or anything, and therefore cannot be treated with anything other than paracetamol.

I'm taking a sick day today just in case I come down with a third completely unrelated symptom. Hopefully I bounce back by tomorrow, because if I stay down long enough to need a doctor's note, they can't very well write "Has no identifiable ailment but feels like crap".

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
That works for high school but not in real life, I'm afraid.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm 
Kea wrote:
Blegh. I've been sick 2 days in a row but not with any identifiable ailment. The day before, I had cold chills and possibly a mild fever. Yesterday, I had no more chills but got a headache so bad it made me puke at the office. (In the bathroom, thankfully). Both days, I woke up feeling more or less OK, and started feeling terrible in the mid-afternoon. I have no other symptoms. It doesn't seem to be any identifiable form of cold, flu, stomach bug, food poisoning, or anything, and therefore cannot be treated with anything other than paracetamol.

I'm taking a sick day today just in case I come down with a third completely unrelated symptom. Hopefully I bounce back by tomorrow, because if I stay down long enough to need a doctor's note, they can't very well write "Has no identifiable ailment but feels like crap".

It's called malaise, a general feeling of I'll health and low-grade symptoms.

End of Line.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:20 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Dumb Arse Hypocrisy:

Leviticus 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
It wouldn't be the bible if we didn't pick and choose the parts we like and to hell with the rest.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm 
Does that qualify as an annoyance, or a simple pleasure?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:59 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
I have applied for two advancements at work. Both of which I was more than qualified for. Of course they give the first job to the least qualified and experienced person and the second they would rather give to someone fresh off the street. I am seriously annoyed by this.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:32 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Being a semi-finalist in a forum comp only to be slagged off at by a bunch of sore losers.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Australian lack of R18+ for games.

Not that I'm interested in playing Mortal Combat. It's the naivety of our government which brings me down.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I've been following that for the past year. It's one of the reasons I find so much joy in making fun of Australia, though now it's starting to get kinda sad.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 am 
WLM: [email protected]
My joy in making fun of Australia comes from the many, many creatures there that want to murder you in your sleep.

But Australia and it's sister New Zealand keep getting slapped by Mother Nature as of late, so I feel it's inappropriate to talk about it. Poor Australia.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:28 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Don't be ridiculous weatherwax. They don't bother waiting 'til you're asleep. They could strike at any time from anywhere. They could be in you shoe or you coffee ...
anywhere. *wiggles fingers*

Post Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:35 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Mysteeerious!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat