Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post subject: Your current annoyance
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:38 pm 
Nrngngh. Copy editing sucks. Copy editing academic jargon-laden prose sucks more. Copy-editing academic jargon-laden prose written by somebody who doesn't speak English as their first language suckity suckity sucks. Because before you can correct the grammar, you first have to figure out what the hell it is they were trying to convey. I suppose I should be thankful that it's only geography, and not something like molecular biology.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
I've been waiting for disk 2 of this series on Netflix for a week already. And I just sent back volume 4 of a series before they ever sent me volumes 1-3. Someone needs a serious common sense injection.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm waiting for word back from my agent about a small though long term role. I have a friend who has received confirmation of his part but no schedule and while shooting was supposed to start last week, it hasn't.

Meanwhile my wife has been told she will be leaving the company she works for. She was told today that she finishes at the end of next week but still has nothing in writing.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:23 pm 
FreakyBoy wrote:
I've been waiting for disk 2 of this series on Netflix for a week already. And I just sent back volume 4 of a series before they ever sent me volumes 1-3. Someone needs a serious common sense injection.

Or they're just messing with you. There's probably someone in a crap minimum wage job who gets their only jollies of the day by sending customers the last DVD first.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:36 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
FreakyBoy wrote:

I only have Netflix for the instant streaming to my video game console.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm 
Kajin wrote:
I only have Netflix for the instant streaming to my video game console.

I have to sign up for XBox Live Gold for that, and I'm not doing that.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:12 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I'm a PS3 user, so nyah!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:21 am 
I got GameCast

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:10 am 
AOL: da drumber
Location: Probably drunk somewhere. Likely in Northern Virginia or somewhere nearby.
Frankly my current annoyance is the fact that I can't read the New Vegas thread. That and the fact that I got hung up on earlier tonight while calling in to the local sports station about the debacle that was the Redskins game. I said that I either wanted the Skins to win or get blown out (which happened) so that I can stop caring about them until next year and focus on the Capitals. I would have explained my point but they hung up on me.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:33 am 
Chest Cold.

Oh, and Calgary is doing it's best Hoth impersonation. Again.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:20 am 
I need to apply paint and sealant to my car, but it's frosted over when I leave for work in the mornings and frosted over when I get home, so I have to go home at lunchtime just to apply one coat.

Also, yeah, can't read the Fallout thread.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 am 
All right, now I'm annoyed by people passive-aggressively whining about spoilers, especially as the thread is mostly devoid of them.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:08 am 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
We can't find antenna zen anymore... REALLY hard to watch tv when the signal keeps cutting in and out no matter what position the dang antenna is in.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:18 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Freezing in my room, as our heat has been turned for for the past month or two. The heat from the apartment below us was usually enough, plus weather in Indiana never makes any sense... unless it's that of a madman in an asylum, as it's been bouncing from 40-70s for the past few weeks. Last night it finally got really cold outside, so I just turned out heat on.

As it stands right now, I have a laptop and a cat keeping my legs warm, a double-folded blanket for the rest of my lower body, and a shirt for my upper body.

But I'm still cold. So currently I'm being annoyed at how long it's taking for our heating to kick in.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
FreakyBoy wrote:
All right, now I'm annoyed by people passive-aggressively whining about spoilers, especially as the thread is mostly devoid of them.
See I thought these people were doing the right thing by avoiding the thread in it's entirety and that their complaint was focused on their lack of having played New Vegas enough that they felt happy to join the conversation.

The fact that the thread doesn't contain much in the way of spoilers means little if you don't know this due to avoiding the thread which is much better than reading the thread and then complaining about spoilers.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat