Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: Strange Dreams
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm 
Last night I dreamt I was accompanying Liam Neeson in recovering his loved ones as in the movie Taken. Except we were stalking through Legoland, Switzerland. The lego sculptures were set amidst the sort of soaring rock spires and extreme vertical geography that usually only exist in a Peter Jackson movie. Which was strangely appropriate, as we could see the newly opened Lego Lord of the Rings area towering in the distance. On a scenic overlook whose architecture was shamelessly lifted from the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, but with more snow, we were attacked by a beautiful but deadly ninja dressed in red silk and armed with throwing stars.

At this time, I feel I should point out I've never seen the movie Taken.

Liam, who was, of course, dressed as Qui Gonn Jinn (because no matter what role he is playing, he always shows up in my memories as dressed as Qui Gonn) leapt to the defense, drawing a two foot diameter bronze disc engraved with Copernicus' model of the Universe. There followed an exciting action sequence with much flipping about and spinning, whirling weapons.

Having defeated the evil ninja assassin, we were to fly home. The flight out was made quite uncomfortable by the new restroom the airline was trying out, as it was located on the seatback of seat 28 B. Fortunately, I didn't have to sit anywhere near there and was saved from having to use the now sodden mess of a rest area by a crisis in the cockpit. I arrived just in time to see us barreling down the runway straight at an oncoming C-130 Hercules. We managed to accelerate and squeeze our plane under the huge cargo plane's spinning turboprop engines, only to almost run into the massive whirling turbine at the end of the runway that powered the airport. Because, of course, the airport is powered by a fifty foot rotating turbine placed at the end of the runway.

We took the plane straight vertical, climbing quickly through the stratosphere. Unfortunately, the stress on the airfame was too much. By the time I'd returned to my seat, Liam's window had blown out and his face was being sucked out the side of the plane, stretched like taffy as it did so, his annoying jedi ponytail already several feet long and leading the way. The eyes were the most disturbing.

I raced to the cockpit to inform the flight crew only to discover the C-130's blades had not missed us after all and had, in fact, shorn off the roof of the cockpit. Unlike poor Liam, this did not really bother the flight crew. Wondering why the cockpit was unaffected and whether the spaghettification of Liam Neeson was due to atmospheric effects or evidence of wandering too close to an event horizon, I woke up.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 pm 
Waffle, at some point in the recent past did you watch Taken, Star Wars Episode 1, or The A-Team? Or perhaps all three?

My recent strange dream; I was Burt Gummer from the Tremors film series, hunting graboids with my dad. (my real dad, not Burt's) We were in... I think the Arizona desert or something, and driving my mother's truck around when we found one. We jumped onto a nearby rock and I shot at the ground with a double-barreled elephant gun, but couldn't kill the the worm. My dad mysteriously vanished, but I'm pretty sure he just wandered off and didn't get eaten. I jumped onto a conveniently placed horse and wagon (I have no idea where they came from) and I rode off to get help. The only problem was that driving the horse around... was incredibly difficult. It was like a vehicle in a videogame with half-assed driving mechanics. The horse's legs didn't even move, yet it drove forward, despite the wagon somehow warping and twisting around so that it was right next to the horse and yet still connected to it. Anyways, I finally made it to the nearest town, despite the fact that the horse kept driving up walls completely vertically and getting stuck in random bits of geometry. Eventually I just jumped off when the horse got stuck on a rock and drove up into the air at a 90 degree angle. As soon as I jumped off the whole thing took off like a rocket and vanished. I ran up to the nearest townsfolk, who were wearing what looked like Victorian England-style clothing, and started trying to explain the situation with the giant, carnivorous worms that were nearby. The people just regurgitated random phrases each time I engaged them in conversation, and eventually I realized that they were NPCs, and this was some sort of bizarre videogame. Nearing the end of my sanity, I stormed off to find the nearest gun store, but woke up before I could reach my goal.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Not so much a dream but I woke in the night thinking that the door was behind the chest of drawers and spent some time wondering why I'd barricaded the room.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Last night I'd dreamed that I was in training to learn how to run at super speeds. I managed to achieve this feat about halfway through high school. The school ended up banning me from using this ability without warning people first, because I liked to run by girls fast enough to blow up their skirts and run back real quick for a peek before they fell back down.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
I had a dream that this thread made it to eleven pages and a mod didn't lock it.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:55 am 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: nightflyer87
Seeing as we haven't been locked yet, I'll tell you of my dream from last night.

It was almost like a movie set. The locations were connected so that when you go through exterior doorways, you move into another location. There was the Catholic school I attended for 8 years, a waterside loading dock, a giant warehouse, and a few others I don't remember. I was there with a bunch of strangers in modern body armor with a small arsenal. Everyone there was also dreaming. It was like a survival game. You had to stay alive until you wake up or you die in your sleep. There were monsters of all kinds. It was as if everyone had their own "home" location connected to the others and their own particular breed(s) of monsters coming from that location, but they didn't stay in one place. They intermingled because they were just as capable of crossing the boundaries into other locations.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat