Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: Strange Dreams
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
How do I win over a girl's heart? Oh, I know! I'll almost hit someone in the head with a baseball bat on accident, then I fake a heart attack when someone tells me what I almost did! IT'S FOOLPROOF!

I hate dream logic sometimes.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:11 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
So I'm going to Mass on a tricycle. The tricycle was supposed to be for my grandmother to use since she can't walk very well, but she never made an appearance in the dream. I first ride to the back of the church where the priest and the altar servers are gathering before they process in. I notice that my two cousins are the altar servers for this Mass, so I say hi. One of my cousins is in a very red dress (so is the priest, well, he's in robes, not a dress, but they're red robes.) So I think it was an Advent Mass. My other cousin is in more traditional altar server garb. Anyway, the priest cracks a joke about my tricycle though I can't remember exactly what he said. I think I say something back good naturedly, but I don't remember that either. Any way, I ride back towards the front of the church to find a seat, stashing the trike in a convenient compartment formed by the leg of a pew and sit down next to my brother. I think my other cousin is there too. The Priest interrupts the service at one point to point out to everyone that Albert Einstein is in the audience. Einstein graciously stands up briefly to acknowledge everyone and the Mass continues. The next thing I know, another one of the altar servers (not either of my cousins) sets fire to what looks like a giant frying pan. He panics and dips the pan into the baptismal font. The priest calls my cousin over (the one in the traditional garb, not the red dress) and starts to berate her for not informing him of the incompetence of the other altar server. This is in front of the entire audience which makes me extremely angry, but I don't say anything, vowing to give the priest a piece of my mind after Mass. Then a lector gets up to do a reading, but in the middle of it she kind of starts to struggle with it a little. At the end, she says something like, "And that's it," instead of the traditional, "The word of the Lord." This causes me and my brother to give each other a sideways glance. The Mass is pretty much over now, so I start packing up my N64. There's a brief conversation between me, my brother and my cousin but I don't remember what it was about. And that's basically when I woke up.

Kajin wrote:
How do I win over a girl's heart? Oh, I know! I'll almost hit someone in the head with a baseball bat on accident, then I fake a heart attack when someone tells me what I almost did! IT'S FOOLPROOF!

I hate dream logic sometimes.

I had a dream once where I was following the girl I was trying to win over around, but at one point she gets in a car to get away and I start running after the car like I'm the T-1000... which was probably not the best way to go about winning her affection.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Ok in most dreams there are times when I can fly. This morning I had one of those dreams. Of course flying for me is more like the Douglas Adams definition of falling and missing the earth. So the one this morning was quite vivid and so I of course assume that it is totally real. I am flying to my sister's house when I look down and see some money. Now in my dreams money always ends up being fake. So I say to myself that if I go down and get the money and it is fake I know that I am dreaming and not really able to fly. So I go get the money, which happens to be a fiver, and it is fake so I immediately realize I am dreaming and then wake up.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:38 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
First Dream:
I fight for truth, justice, and the American way!
No, wait. I'm currently on vacation in Japan...
I fight for truth, justice, and keeping the giant lizard monsters at bay!

Second Dream:
I went to a pawn shop/restaurant in the dead of night to sell some spare blankets and a pillow I didn't want anymore. While I was there, the restaurant came under attack by these weird mutant creatures, and I was forced to use the money I got from selling my pillow and blankets to buy myself some upgrades in order to fight these creatures off. I bought two abilities called Echolocation and Time-Stall. The first one is self-explanatory. The second one acted like a watch in that one movie that made you move really really fast.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:49 am 
WLM: [email protected]
I had a dream that I was on a passenger plane, and was, per usual, quite scared. We hit some heavy turbulance, and I began to hyperventilate.

Then the flight attendant brought me to the cockpit to sit with the pilot (who seemed to be someone I knew, but whatever). He was flying, and then did some loop the loops, and also a barrel roll (I could hear passengers crying out in the back).

At first I was terrified, but suddenly, it hit me: the pilot was skilled enough to understand how to barrel roll and loop the loop a passenger plane without causing our demise. And when we went level again (though there was still heavy turbulance), he had the skill to understand how to get us over what was essentially for him a bumpy road with no upsets.

And another thing hit me: sure, the plane could go down, but it was just one of those things that could happen, just as someday a semi could flip out in front of me, causing me to crash into the wreckage. Something I can't prevent, but yet I don't worry about every time I get on the highway.

And I woke up, feeling calmer about flying than I have since I was around 15 or so. Holy crap, I think my brain gave me exposure therapy while I slept!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:08 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
My brain apparently decided it'd be cool to put me in a FPS, so I ended up walking around with a gun all night. Can't really remember the plot though - I vaguely remember something about getting out of Purgatory by kicking arse...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm 
Ruan wrote:
My brain apparently decided it'd be cool to put me in a FPS, so I ended up walking around with a gun all night. Can't really remember the plot though - I vaguely remember something about getting out of Purgatory by kicking arse...

I've had that dream. It was pretty fun as I recall.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:12 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
That it was. Just wish I remembered more of it - I only have little flickers of what was a pretty cool fight.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 am 
weatherwax, that is pretty awesome. Yay brain.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Ruan wrote:

A few years ago, before the release of Doom 3, I dreamed that it had been released and it wasn't really a game, but a source patch to the rules of the universe so the world ran on the Doom 2 engine. And then they populated the world with a density of demons about corresponding to levels 11-20 of Doom 2.

Things were rough for a while.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:36 am 
WLM: SolaraHanover
Yahoo Messenger: LadySolara
AOL: SolaraHanover
Location: Under my desk hiding from the rabid puffin dingoes who are breaking down my door.
Must not watch multiple episodes of Doctor Who before bed... I was the companion to David Tennant's Doctor. Can't quite remember EXACTLY what happened, but I know some strange stuff went down.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Mmmm, I love Doctor dreams. I always wake up sighing.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:14 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
He takes common dream sequences and twists them around.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:21 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Had a dream that I went to visit my cousin in Imperial China, located on an island in the middle of the Great Lakes, which for some reason were located in Missouri. He was living in the palace and had all kinds of nifty things, like a Gamecube that could only play SNES and Atari games (for some reason this was the coolest thing ever). We played around with fake swords for a while before my cousin said he was fed up with these annoying fake swords and sent me to the Imperial Shed in the Imperial Garden of the Imperial Palace where he kept all the cool stuff. While I was there I found what could only be described as the twisted offspring of a three-way union between a shovel, a scythe, and a porcupine. I thought it was awesome, and rightly so, for it had magic powers.

Taking Death's Shovel, I returned to the Motherland to fight off the invading Ostrich Riding Pygmy Lion-Things and be crowned the Royal Pastry Chef.

>.<

Weird Dream was Weiiiiiiird.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
New dream.

So I'm a high school student living in a coed dorm. Girls are on odd floors and guys are on even floors. I'm sharing a room with my best friend, a guy named Trent, on the sixth floor. Our mutual friend, a girl I'm crushing on named Lyla, occupies a room down on the third floor. We're all living a wonderful life at our school up until a girl is murdered. And another. And yet another. Over the course of a week, every night except Saturday night, a girl living in the dorm is murdered.

Being as there's a girl living in the dorm that I'm crushing on, one night I make a vow that I will protect her no matter what. And so I set out on a daring adventure to solve the murder mystery and take down whoever it is committing all the murders. Long story short, I find out who it is (a skinny, pale-skinned, machete wielding psycho) and manage to stop them from murdering someone at the last second. We engage in a climactic duel to the death, my black combat knife striking and defending against his machete until finally we manage to pin each other. I manage to stab my knife in his neck right as he drags his machete across my stomach.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat