Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: Strange Dreams
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:33 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Morgan Freeman usually narrates my dreams.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:49 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Being that I don't remember my dreams and that when I do the transient random nature of them makes for very blurry detail, I simply cannot conceive that you all perceive your dreams in such fine detail.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:52 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
The only way I can actually remember what I dream is if, when I wake up, I take the time to write it down. Else it just vanishes very quickly... unless it was just that much of a doozy of a dream.

--

Only dream I remember at all that I've had recently was where I was in a mystery of some sort involving two grandmother twin sisters. I don't really remember the plot except it had something to do with finding their dresses - one had a black dress, and one had a white dress. I distinctly remember feeling vindicated when I found out that the really *****y one of the twins turned out to be the owner of the black dress, and the nice one the white. There was something odd about that white dress, too - it was found in conditions where it should've been soiled beyond repair, and yet looked perfectly fine...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
OrzBrain wrote:
I tend to have dreams where I'm in two places at once -- that is, I'm acting in the dream and also reading (or narrating) what's happening or watching it like a movie. Commonly there is also a running commentary (either from myself or an audience) about the quality of the writing and plausibility of the plot.

I experience the latter of these sometimes. Not lately.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:02 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Steave wrote:
Being that I don't remember my dreams and that when I do the transient random nature of them makes for very blurry detail, I simply cannot conceive that you all perceive your dreams in such fine detail.

There are times when I wake up and my dreams are very vivid. There are other times where I am reaching to remember even the slightest detail. Usually the vivid ones are short fragments maybe no more than 30 seconds to a minute if you to see them as a movie or video.

For instance, (and I only remember this one because I wrote it down as an idea for a script) there was the one with Philip Seymour Hoffman as a child abductor who would take the child hook them to drugs then take them as a mate. When they would get close to twenty he would lure a new child and use that child to kill off the current mate and start the process all over again. Why in the world my mind made Philip Seymour Hoffman the main bad guy, I'm not sure, but it definitely worked in the dream.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:32 pm 
I had a strange one a little while back when I was camping at Lake Powell: in my dream I was an F-22 Raptor. I wasn't piloting it, I literally was the plane. My perspective was over-the-airplane's-figurative-shoulder, like in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon's Dogfight Mode. (Which is probably where the dream came from, except I'd been camping for a week with my only electronics being my phone and my old Gameboy SP. If anything my dream should have been about Pokemon)

Anyways, there was this big epic air battle going on, with 'Through the Fire and the Flames' blaring in the background. We (myself and some allies that I never saw again after splitting off from the main group) were fighting what looked like Eurofighter Typhoons over a big metropolitan area with a large amount of cloud cover. I chased a bunch of the enemy planes down and blew them out of the sky with my machine guns. This sounds boring, but it was a moving experience. I didn't just watch all of this happen, I felt it too! I was the plane, I could feel the push of my afterburners, hear the roar of the Vulcan cannon, feel the stress on my airframe as my control surfaces shifted, and had feelings of giddiness (and in one case dread as an enemy came up behind me, but this quickly turned to elation and mad laughter as I executed a counter-move and got in on his tail) as I soared through the sky, unchallenged and unopposed.

The whole thing ended when I chased one particularly good opponent up above the clouds into the clear blue sky. For one shining moment, everything froze, their plane was sitting there, completely vertical in the air before me. I saw the sunlight glint off of the canopy, felt the glare of the sun to my upper-left, everything seemed so quiet and peaceful up here, above the noise... And that's when a ribbon of bullets from my cannon and two sidewinder missiles tore the plane into five or so different pieces and I roared through the wreckage, feeling bits of oil, gas, and shrapnel impacting my nose.

Then I woke up, and that dream has been on my mind since, it was so epicly awesome.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm 
Sure sounds epicly awesome. Dreams with full sensory immersion rock.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm 
Steave wrote:

From a serious dream this weekend, my mind held onto the discovery: there is a way to beat them after all. That was the important point, because nothing else lasted for more than a minute or two. I hope who they are and how to beat them comes back to me in the event I need it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:57 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Dreamt last night that someone shot me in the back with a gun and it left me partially paralyzed from the waist down. I'd regularly demand my college classmates to wheelchair races down the halls and would regularly win because I had a motorized wheelchair. Later on I must have gotten bored with the wheelchair thing, because all of a sudden I was a live-in butler who made more than the rich family I was working for. last night was wierd.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Two for the price of one!

The first dream I had last night was that I had gone back to my old high school to repeat my senior year and finish getting my high school diploma. This was in spite of the fact that I'd had my four-year college degree for almost a year, which was even acknowledged in-dream.

The second dream was that I was trying to hook-up a 56 inch plasma screen TV, but was having difficulties. I called tech support and was thus sent on a wonderful and amazing journey across the country to search for all of the necessary items. By the time I'd found everything I needed, I'd slain a dragon that was terrorizing the local townsfolk. I'd also freed the mermaid people from the tyranny of their mermaid king, become mayor of a small town which I then led to become the greatest economic center of the world, and founded my own world-spanning religion.

After all of that was done I returned to my home, hooked up my television, and played Pikmin on my Gamecube.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:14 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: nightflyer87
I had a dream the other night that really scared me. It was one of those that you wake up from, but it starts over every time you fall back asleep.

I had come home from work to find my husband gone and just a note saying he needed a vacation. I don't remember how, but I found out he had flown to Florida. I immediately went after him and searched all over only to find him at a girl's house who...well, she's partially the root of some of our problems. I yelled and screamed and it was like he had just woken up from some dream with no clue what was going on. I dragged him out of the house knocking the girl aside each time she tried to get in my way. Her ex-boyfriend tried to come at me for knocking her around and I took him out with a right hook/upper-cut combo. Her roommate tried to stop me too, but all I had to do was yell at him to get him to just run away. I got him into the car and headed to a clinic to get a blood screen showing some sort of drug in his system that she had given him to make him blackout. He barely remembered walking out of the airport. I was terrified each time I woke up and was nervous and angry the next few days. Of course he just brushed it aside as "just a dream." That just made the feeling worse, but I recently found out that the girl is moving within hours of us which caused the dream to start up again.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I had a dream where I was on vacation with my family in the swamplands, but I had a psychotic younger brother who killed everyone in the hotel including our family. I fled into the swamps with him hot on my tail, setting traps as I went to try and slow him down. Eventually I had him boxed in with my traps, forcing him to flee while I pursued him. After a couple hours of cat and mouse, we both slipped and fell at the same time, falling into each other's traps and dying instantly.

A couple hundred years later, our brains were both used in an experiment to create the first human androids, but we didn't like it here on Earth so we went on a quest that was like the indie game Journey, but with a more cyberpunk feel to it. When we reached our destination we managed to ascend to robot heaven except there was a zombie apocalypse going on up there so it was less than idyllic.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
The other night I dreamed I tossed off a one-sentence story for the Flash Fiction contest, and CCC's only comments in judging were, "I didn't like this. Moving on." At first I was upset, but then I was like, "Eh, it's a fair cop."

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:14 pm 
Oh yeah. I should write something for that.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:10 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Had a dream last night. I was at my parent's house (which I actually was there sleeping, helping them at their office for a day), and my college buds were there visiting in the dream. That said, we were finishing up a weekend there, and suddenly one of my friends walked in exclaiming that it was $2.68 a gallon for gas, and all of us just looked at one another and made for our cars.

Unfortunately, that's all there is to it - the phone rang and woke me up, and I had to accept the sad reality when I drove home and had to fill up on gas... for about $3.60.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 156 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat