Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:00 am 
Speculation for monday or tuesday:
We will have a grand overview of the 4U City battlefield, of which the two panels friday will be included.
Point being to show where Riff needs to fight in order to get nanites for Min

Also, check out the Niftypedia!
Some great changes the last few months. And remeber to do an edit of something, be it small or big.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 am 
Pretty sure Harbinger's going to get back up soon.
Not entirely sure, but I'm guessing something very significant is going to happen when 01209 gets the nanites.

Longer-term spec: DoN Riff will want to find a cure for squid-on-a-stick before leaving. That way he can stop the R&D wars before they begin.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 am 
Any body else beginning to get the impression Pete is *not* going to wrap things up in the dimension of rain? Like Riff goes home with things left unresolved in DoR. Like in a bout a year real time when Riff is trying desperately to save DoN from suffering the same fate and failing miserably a massive portal opens and out steps DoR Riff and an army of REA5's and 6's. Ooooo... yeah just got goosebumps.

Galaxy Hunter wrote:
For my long-term spec, I'm saying what I said in my new theory thread here

I'm piggybacking that for my long term spec as well... This replaces my old longterm spec.

Will post again when I figure out my Monday spec

EDIT: the above would be one of the rare justified and totally awesome cases of Only The Author Can Save Them Now(tvtropes.com). Hmm... yeah goose bumps every time I think about it. So awesome. Like a :bunbun: and :oasis: cross with a side of :aylee: :bert: :kiki: :sam: :sasha: :torg: :zoe: :kzk: smothered in yes-it-is-so-totally-nifty sauce.

Oooooo... calix and gang shows up too... more goose bumps. Though The sluggy gang would have to be truly and royally F'ed to need that much saving.

Biggest problem at that point though it... well... that would be jumping the shark big time. I can't think of anything that would ever top that. But if Pete is looking to put sluggy to rest... that would be one hell of a way to end it. Bring the whole sluggyverse to bear on the combined forces of Dim Sum Henchmen, Herti Corp, Dimension of Pain demons, and the K'Z'K cult. Ok gotta stop this or I'm gonna have goose bumps permanently.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:26 am 
a) Riff doesnt leave 4U - roll that till the end of chapter

b) Zoe's fate is found out this week

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 am 
I like Jorgamunder's DoR mega-save idea. I'll piggyback that. And also Marcus' we'll find out Zoe's fate this weekend.

For my own spec, Riff is going to have to make a choice as to whether he tells Izzy about Old-Riff. Either he will tell her or Old-Riff will show up and reveal himself. That "What the hell is wrong with us" moment may have knocked some sense into the boy.

Either that or everyone's going to suddenly forget what's going on because Old-Riff hit the reboot, hands Zoe over to Riff and says "Thanks for the help, I'll take it from here. Go home and be a hero man" then zaps him back to DoN.

I suspect that it's going to be Zoe under the sheet when it rolls back. As I said over in the reactions thread for today, when Torg rebooted he went woozy and came back up rebooted. No cellophane or lying down or anything like that. Now granted, 01209/Min was seriously wounded (possibly dead), but why the big wrap and all that stuff. Yes, medical cleanliness and all, but it seems unnecessary if all you need to do is lay them out on a table and let the nanites do their thing. Perhaps containment of the nanites? That wouldn't make sense if they're something you just go and pick up. It just seems like there's going to be a big reveal tomorrow. The device just reminds me a lot of when we saw Zoe last on the monitor, all wrapped up with a breathing apparatus. I seriously suspect it to be Zoe behind the curtain tomorrow.

Anyone else a bit curious as to why the biochip is listed as b10cH1P on the medical device? Then it says something in very fine print about citizen in need of something or other. Anyways, the b10cH1P seems almost like a secondary serial number that everyone just calls a biochip. Dunno about the significance. Could just be reading too much into it too.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:50 pm 
Tuesday's shotgun:

Nash's ego becomes an issue.
Riff decides it's time to find Zoe.
Old Riff yells at young Riff.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm 
Tuesday shotgun:

-Izzy gets a stab from the needle the U.S.O-bot on the left has poised.
-Riff yells at Izzy.
-01209/Min comes around.

Sometime This Week spec:
-Harbinger crashes the celebration party.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:18 am 
Wednesday spec:

-Riff goes to see Min
-Harbinger intervenes

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:57 am 
Allright, lets go for a spec here for Friday.

The dimension ends with Riff still in it. Theory one says It basically runs out of time and it becomes like an Oceans Unmoving world.

Whatever comes, part two spec says Pete is going to really pull something out of the bag

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:59 pm 
I think it should be obvious.

Riff is done with this universe.
His only goals now are to:
A) Find out what happened to Zoe.
B) Get her.
C) Go home.

He is going to try and do these things, and as Old Riff and others try to stop him, he rebuffs them and moves on.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:50 pm 
Wednesday speck: It will be revealed that a primary reason for Riff prime bringing Izzy to Old Riff is for her computer expertise, so she can help with the AI.

Long Term speck: Izzy will reveal that Old Riff can be rebooted to a younger age with the DNA information that 4U city has.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:04 pm 
Wed. spec: Izzy will hit Old Riff

Long term spec:
This dimension is irreparable.
Sending Riff home will be the breaking point.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:12 am 
I'm not sure if this is what will actually happen, but I hope it is, because otherwise the whole 4U storyline has essentially been a waste, with all the character development reset:

The current strip is a misdirection. What Old Riff actually did was to zap our Riff into another dimension — either Sluggy Prime or another random one. The rebooted Riff we see in the last panel is actually Old Riff and not ours.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 am 
I disagree. I think Young Riff is running the fix-this-dimension program.

I do agree, however, with the spec that that person at the end is a rebooted Old Riff.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:51 am 
The story wont be a waste - it's the truly unexpected twist that has made it worthwhile as a reader. I'm all for it

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat