You bend and leap. Your fingers brush the edge of the hole -- catch, and you concentrate on holding on. Your feet swing gently a foot above the floor.Uh!
A sharp edge is digging into one finger. You shift your grasp hastily, but a few drops of blood smear across the hole's lip.
The lockpick's status dot fades to pure green, and flicks steady blue.
The metal door slides open. Beyond, several people are working at cluttered desks. One looks up absently, and then stares; and then a loud buzzer echoes down the hall. Moments later, three guards charge towards you, weapons drawn.-- glaring light...Interrogation Chamber (imprisoned in the chair)
You blink away memory. The dim room comes again into focus, and the man behind the desk.
"That would be the logistics office. Five agents working at the time, very diligent men and women. None of whom recall their door popping open on them." He shakes his head. "Your electronic key is a lovely toy, but you don't have to play with it for my sake." He touches a control....glaring light --White Junction
You stand lightly in a bare tiled corridor, white tiles and cold white walls. The ceiling is acoustical panelling divided by illuminated strips of plastic. The hall runs north and east, with a branch curving away to the southeast.As you can see here, some doors and objects are red herrings. But at least you managed to get up to the hole.
The interrogator demands to know:
- Avoid saying anything that might get you killed
- Escape interrogation
- Complete your mission
What the interrogator has accepted:
- ...what you did next after entering the complex.
What the interrogator has rejected and why:
- You entered the complex through the alley door, which you opened using the lockpick.
- You carried a bunch of sophisticated spy tools.
- You did not leave the alley without breaking into the complex because you were caught inside.
- You are too sophisticated a spy to have been standing there banging on the alley door.
- You did not get captured without accomplishing anything. (It is not yet clear why he has rejected this.)
- You did not set off any alarms because he would have known if you had.
- You did not open the door to the logistics office (the metal door at "Corner at Doors") because the agents there would have reported it if you had.