Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:09 pm 
But remember, Zoe was still sentient enough in camel form to want revenge on Gwynn for... whatever it was in the hair loss arc... and knew that eating Gwynn's hair would really upset her. So with Oasis' mental training and... not prowess... but, sharpness, perhaps, she could probably figure out how to use a camel form for maximum destruction.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:05 am 
Oh, when this speculation started out I though "Pth, that is never going to happen."
But now I really want to see Oasis as a camel. :kiki:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:24 pm 
Me and my dad were talking about the fire from the explosions healing her somehow as a side effect of the pyro kinetics but it doesn't explain the death in the hospital or the damage she has in bROKEN bURNED after the missile mines blew up I thought it was the cuncussive blast that did it but there was enough fire if it was what healed as all her other deaths involved explosions.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:24 am 
Very interresting speculation.
One death involved a bullet through the head.
Her body was blown up when Todd used grenades in his stand-off with Nash Straw.

Nash saw her behind a corner before the body was blown up, but she only attacked him once her body in the trunk was blown up. Maybe she was ghosting, being either immaterial or not fully aware?
After all, she never hesitates for a second in attacking those she wants to kill. :oasis:

My immidiate ide is that she have a repair system (maybe nanites) that will heal even mortal wounds like a bullet in the brain. That explains why she saw Nash reclaim her body. But then there is a secondary system which make her a new body if the old one is compleately destroyed in an explosion or something else.

The idea about fire/explosions actually healing Oasis goes nice with her pyrokinetic abilities.
But if that is her only way of regenerating, that would mean all of her resurrections would be more-or-less pure luck.
That is, if Nash had just buried her, or left her to rot anywhere far from any fires or explosions, she would not be able to resurrect. Then she would be far from the immortal warrior she appear to be right now...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 pm 
Yes but there is the death in the hospital right after the le snootier and hereti corp then demon possessed Gwynn events. Then like I said about bROKEN bURNED she loses a leg and canisters of her spine is broken right before she burns the mark 19 insides etc. and hereti corp retrieves her in that condition which she stays in until Nash blows her up when quitting Ruff style.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
What if (going in this line spec) she is similar to a Pheonix?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:47 am 
My personal favorite is the Location: Oasis Pod from Space theory. Here's my additional two cents (sorry for any overlap in other theories and spec; this is just what's been bouncing around in my head).

Oasis, at least the original, is high in orbit acting as the controller of each 'marionette'. The clones/forced copies are mostly autonomous, but they maintain at least a subconscious link via her four hair-tennas (which is why memories are maintained but hazy). The glass canister we see implied in the flashbacks is the original's "stasis" pod in the satellite.

However, the satellite itself is well hidden in orbit (think needle in a really big hay stack) and that's the key to controlling her. The clone's link to the original is 'encrypted' somehow, and keeping her alive is the only way to preserve said link. The only way to find the satellite effectively is when one of the clones 'wills' a direct link back to it (see below). This is why Schlock (a) needs her alive (b) monitored her fight with Riff & Zoe. Note also Dr. Steve's lair had a prominent satellite dish. (http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/991009)

Her pyrokenisis is actually a microwave weapon on the satellite itself, literally calling down a 'last resort' attack from above via aforementioned mental link. She was mistakenly identified as a child with pyrokenetic abilities because of this, hence the research program she was put into. Each time it's been used has been either outdoors or in a place with a big hole in the roof. I suggest microwaves due to the 'pop' noises made right before she used it on Bun-bun (see http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/090612).

The original is likely a human whom serves as both a template and operates in some kind of symbiosis with an artificial intelligence which attempts to affect her mind/will, perhaps overwriting it entirely (hence a controlled mind made human). Every death is just a learning experience for the system.

My favorite part of this theory:

Oasis --> O.A.SYS. --> Orbital Assassin SYStem
or
Orbital Assassin System In Space

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:20 pm 
I really like NBJack's theory. I can't think of any holes in it.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm 
But, if she gets the pyrokinesis from a satellite, then the "original" had to already be in space when oasis was being examined by orisintos. The scenes with the glass pod all involve Dr. Steve, who picked her up after the first incident and the orphanage.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Why is Oasis back on HC's most wanted list?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm 
I don't know why it took me this long to notice, but there is another classic work referenced (blatantly!) in the Oasis plotline. HeretiCorp was run by, of all things, a James Joyce character: Steve and Daedalus!

I haven't yet figured out where this might lead, but I am not sure it is a coincidence.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:29 am 
gregnier wrote:

Because her last apperance was Nash cutting off her head to retrieve the bounty he fought her for in the first place.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:27 pm 
Has anybody suggested that Theresa might be Oasis?

Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:57 am 
Djublonskopf wrote:
Has anybody suggested that Theresa might be Oasis?

Not yet. Might be possible.
That would be the first time she did any kind of undercover work, however.
:oasis:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 am 
I'm loving the Oasis nanite theory. In 4U city, in order to get Zoe back to normal, they had to take a scan of a normal Zoe. The nanites could then replicate her, and they did so in her original body. The nanites also couldn't copy the supernatural portion (Zoe's curse). So I'm going to assume that the pyrokinesis is actually a physical/mental capability unique to Oasis, and nothing mystical.

Perhaps these nanites can form an entirely new body (replicating like digbots), but the mental snapshots they have of Oasis's personality are incomplete. They try one, and if she dies, they try a different one next time, but she keeps her memories intact. They seem to only do a reboot when Oasis dies, which explains why Schlock is keeping her in a comatose state.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat