Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:03 am 
Yahoo Messenger: jorodryn
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Solara Hanover wrote:
Daylight savings time. I want my hour back!

November

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:12 pm 
Jorodryn wrote:
Solara Hanover wrote:

November

I'm with Abed.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:28 pm 
Solara Hanover wrote:

I've just sucked one hour of your life away. ... So, let's just start with what we have. What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:17 pm 
Location: Well since the universe expands infinitely in all directions, The center of the universe.
Is there nothing that a quote from TPB cannot be used for? That movie is so versatile.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:52 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
There are many times in which I marvel at the workings of the human body - how millions of years have produced a complex, sentient machine capable of a wide range of emotional responses to stimuli - and I'm pleased that I was born a human with the capacity to understand these experiences.

Except when I have the stomach flu. When the flu comes to town, a very insistent part of me wants the neurology of an insect, where pain is probably not felt emotionally, and seems to be more of a "damage on deck 3" experience rather than a "OH GOD IT'S LIKE FIRE!!!!" experience.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Nail in my tire on a snowy, windy day, the biggest paper of the week, and one less hour to deliver in. My friend's jack was destroyed trying to lift my car, we didn't notice it was an incline. My jack was useless, so we ended up inflating the tire and just monitoring it all weekend, because the repair places are closed on Sunday.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:00 am 
SimCity. I got the new SimCity this weekend, and while everybody on earth has been complaining about server problems, that was not my issue. The problem was that after about 16 hours of gameplay, I ran into what seems like a city-ending glitch. My recycling centres stopped working for seemingly no reason. I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, but it has shut down production. My city is knee deep in garbage, I can't export any recycled materials, and I'm hemorrhaging money. A Googling reveals a bunch of game forums where other people have run into the same problem.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:37 am 
So, last work I posted in Simple Pleasures about how happy I was that spring was here, and that the last snows of winter were melting.

Well, now it's -3 again, and intermittent snow is forecast throughout the week. And I think I lost my gloves somewhere yesterday.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:29 am 
Kea wrote:
SimCity. I got the new SimCity this weekend, and while everybody on earth has been complaining about server problems, that was not my issue. The problem was that after about 16 hours of gameplay, I ran into what seems like a city-ending glitch. My recycling centres stopped working for seemingly no reason. I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, but it has shut down production. My city is knee deep in garbage, I can't export any recycled materials, and I'm hemorrhaging money. A Googling reveals a bunch of game forums where other people have run into the same problem.

Thanks for Beta testing for me.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 pm 
Kea wrote:

Perhaps this is a deep and profound statement on the limits of recycling and the hopelessness of the long, twilight struggle against entropy. Perhaps they are speculating on the inefficiencies of conversion of solar energy into usable work in relation to the energy demands of a high tech megalopolis. Perhaps what you have discovered is not a bug at all, but a warning against too much dependence on a mechanized, energy hungry future and a call for a return to a more pastoral existence.

Or maybe the lazy sods never bothered beta testing past five hours.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:32 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
For various reasons end of May to early June is the only time my wife and I can holiday in London. So when is the Pantamine contract of our London girl set? May to July. This means she will be traveling around schools with the troop for the whole time. She needs the work but if she accepts then she has to be there the whole time. It's with a company she has started to build a reputation with and the chances of repeat frequent work is high so letting them down now is probably not a good idea. Also she's previously put relationships ahead of acting and missed out on big opportunities only to have the relationships end badly soon afterwards.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
:( What a bummer.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:42 am 
When corporate emails from vendors overuse my name in the body text.

It's creepy to see my name over and over again. All I can picture is this guy shaking my hand, repeating my name as if to memorize it so that when the hungry times come, he knows who to go to first - weatherwax, happy to be working with you on the project! I hope, weatherwax, that we can have a good working relationship in the future, weatherwax, so we can weatherwax weatherwax weatherwax you'll be the first to go.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:20 pm 
My stupid brain that wouldn't let me sleep last night. 2 hours of sleep + a 12 hour workday = a very sad Thaklaar.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:20 am 
AOL: nightflyer87
Some people seem to have a death wish. Is it really that important to get around one car that isn't even going below the speed limit to justify nearly taking out a vehicle twice the size of yours? I may not always get along with my Freestyle, but it will chew up and spit out a little 4 cylinder Corolla.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3138 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat