Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:59 am 
Spirantz wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20070105

!!!!!!!

Seriously, how do you remember these bit players?

No idea... half the time I can't remember what day of the week it is but when I saw that goatee something in my brain went... "Why do I know that face?" Then about thirty seconds later I remembered the therapist and did an archive check to confirm my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:37 am 
His last appearance (this strip and the following one): http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20090819

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:33 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Spirantz wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20070105

!!!!!!!

Seriously, how do you remember these bit players?

No idea... half the time I can't remember what day of the week it is but when I saw that goatee something in my brain went... "Why do I know that face?" Then about thirty seconds later I remembered the therapist and did an archive check to confirm my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.

Well, next week(?) will tell if it's accurate or not, I guess!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:36 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Thecommander369 wrote:
jpers36 wrote:
Someone posted this in the reactions thread, referencing how Pete can do eldritch horror well when he wants.

But ... Is that Tyler?

Confirmed to be Tyler. That's one he'll of a call back. How much of this comic is actually planned in advance? The Pope in the woods didn't occur until like 2013, right? Christ...

My guess... Pete has had the overarching mega-story behind the story planned since the early days, but cool little details like this he probably just sees an opportunity for a connection and goes for it.

Absolutely. Although in this case, I'm fairly confident Pete seeded that guy with the specific intention of letting him sit there as a plot opportunity for whenever he reached the endgame. Maybe he wasn't sure specifically who he'd be or how his vague predictions would play out, but it had to be meant for the final storyline. It's the only way to ensure you get to have a massive callback on this scale. I mean 19 years! If it was simply just a fun detail that he saw an opportunity to exploit, it would've been mined for that purpose ages ago.

Anyway, whatever that apparition is, it's definitely real. That's the only explanation for why Tyler becomes sane the second it declares it will devour his soul. While we have reason to both doubt and suspect it was Uncle Time who did that, unfortunately a trawl through the archives gives no definitive proof that he can't glow green. So we can't completely rule him out. But I think the safer bet is 'demon'. Which explains why he'd end up working for HC again, since the demon cult needs an inside man. But it introduces the new question of how he went from leaving Timeless Space to having a demon problem.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:18 am 
Or it's just a hallucination.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:14 pm 
Okay, I've got it.

Uncle Time vs. Sin'Thea

That's one of the things that Pete has been vamping up to this entire time.

Uncle Time is using the sluggy gang as a way to destroy everything because he's pissed off at being locked in Timeless Space.
Sin'thea is using Oasis, Hereti-Corp, and the cults to stop him. And maybe for another unknown goal.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:41 pm 
Well, that explains the Minion Masteresque look.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:53 am 
alternate spec punchline:

Tyler saves drake, hoping to score a hot babe, 15 years younger than him! They make out....and oops? There's some sort of trouble and drake gets sucked into a portal anyway. Doh!

A 55 year old drake appears and saves the 40ish tyler. She did exactly what he did, spending 30 or so years dedicated to self improvement to save him. They escape. Finally.

All is saved! She goes to kiss him and he screams ewww, old lady lips!

.....and they end up,together <3

Brought to you by today's reaction thread and everyone wondering about how old people are.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:48 pm 
I am sad my holiday spec never came to pass. I never would've imagined this chapter would take this long to finish. That said, it had a fantastic ending. I don't know if this is the last we'll see of Drake and Tyler, but if it is they exited the story perfectly.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:48 pm 
eldion wrote:
ot what you thought it was about". http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/140711

Perhaps Ty is not hallucinating. Perhaps we are seeing Uncle Time show his true colors, twisted by millenia of being exiled to Timeless Space.

Or...not.

'Timeless', remember. ;-)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:23 pm 
The guy who is telling his kids to keep an eye on the weirdos is going into the bathroom to call HC.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:33 pm 
ramoss wrote:
The guy who is telling his kids to keep an eye on the weirdos is going into the bathroom to call HC.

Actually he told the kids to keep away from the weirdos. But yeah I think he's up to no good...

I'm going to go out on a limb (since I never spec right anyway) and guess that Oasis just showed up....

...Not simply because of Zoë's reaction, but because Pete is going to have to bring that part of the story to a head really soon if he's going to have any shot at reaching an endable place by August...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:22 pm 
swmartian wrote:
ramoss wrote:

Actually he told the kids to keep away from the weirdos. But yeah I think he's up to no good...

I'm going to go out on a limb (since I never spec right anyway) and guess that Oasis just showed up....

...Not simply because of Zoë's reaction, but because Pete is going to have to bring that part of the story to a head really soon if he's going to have any shot at reaching an endable place by August...

I would not be surprised it that extends to december.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:40 pm 
Have we ever seen playing card imagery in Sluggy? I don't recall. I feel like Apple's parody is another kind of fruit, but I don't remember what.

Although we know from the DoR that Schlock had more than just HC in his pocket. The Unified Ubiquitous Universal Utiopia was a consolidation of ALL his assets, of which HC was merely the primary contribution. We since learned Grab-All was another, but their logo is their name, just like Google. He could have parallel businesses that aren't under the HC corporate umbrella, who knows.

Or he represents a rival company and is about to get flux'd. In which case, Riff's actions to slow HC's orbital plans were for nothing. And that wouldn't surprise me one bit, considering how his leadership has been going.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:22 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Have we ever seen playing card imagery in Sluggy? I don't recall. I feel like Apple's parody is another kind of fruit, but I don't remember what.

Playing Card imagery:

There was the time that Gwynn was playing cards with the bug (note the comic title there). And a hint of it in the Stargate parody. Otherwise, it didn't come into play until Pete began setting up the 'final chapter' (again, note the comic title), and specifically setting up building the EquinoX for Bun-Bun.

Apple parody:

Began with the subtle image of a watermelon slice on the laptop lid, and later with the not-so-subtle grapebook (accompanied by the DULL computer).

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2999 posts ] 

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat