Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post subject: Re: And Kusari is...
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 am 
Is she going to get Chaz now? He fell rather close to where she threw from...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Kesandru wrote:
Marcus wrote:
I'm tipping soon that the answer to the thread's question is "Dead"

Or "stupid" given what she just did.

I don't know, they pre-gamed that she would have to be in the shadows / out of sight or Oasis would 'override' on her, and if they're being followed she does need to deal with that.

I'm hoping we get to see Torg v.s. Kusari tomorrow.

Regardless of plans, she's still willingly trusting Chen alone with Oasis, after threatening his life. So, stupid fits.

By the way, are there odds on whether or not Chaz would power up on Kusari's blood? Because I think I might want some of that action.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:34 pm 
randomlanguage wrote:
Is she going to get Chaz now? He fell rather close to where she threw from...

I'm leaning towards the Oasis-rebirth getting hold of Chaz, personally.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:57 pm 
Kesandru wrote:
Regardless of plans, she's still willingly trusting Chen alone with Oasis, after threatening his life. So, stupid fits.

If Chen dies it's game over for the master plan. It's a calculated gamble Kusari made.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 pm 
Presumably Kusari has an implanted Transponder/Transceiver, which is what Schlock intends for Oasis (and as Harbinger appeared to have in DoR) so it's possible she's acting under orders still.

The Transceiver may well be satellite connected so not disrupted by the fall of HC ops centre and Irving almost certainly can get some sort of visual with his hi-res 'Eye in the Sky' satellites.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 am 
Kesandru wrote:
By the way, are there odds on whether or not Chaz would power up on Kusari's blood? Because I think I might want some of that action.

Can't say what those odds are, but I'm confident they're low enough that you'd make a lot of money betting she powers him.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:40 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

Can't say what those odds are, but I'm confident they're low enough that you'd make a lot of money betting she powers him.

I'm amused at the idea of walking into as bookmakers (they are very common in the UK) and quickly being told the odds on Oasis.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:32 am 
Cast in the name of Chaz, ye not guilty.

...we can add "controlled" ("compulsion?") to the 'Known Things' list for sure, given this...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:13 am 
yurak wrote:
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
Kesandru wrote:

I'm amused at the idea of walking into as bookmakers (they are very common in the UK) and quickly being told the odds on Oasis.

Right now I wish I could've done exactly that!! There'd be some happy people in this thread, that's for sure

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:38 am 
I had posited awhile ago that Chaz's ability to determine innocence was based on the fate web somehow, kind of a
'query fateweb: badness level_this blood I have';
'return: no badness found'

If this is the case maybe Kusari is outside the fateweb as well.

Or, alternatively, they could be the goddess sisters, and Chaz can't judge God's, only mortals.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 am 
Between this: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20081204

Specifically "I assume you're speaking of Torg, Zoe, and Riff.... and of me?"

And the way she's reacting to Torg today, I begin to wonder, maybe we've been asking the wrong questions, or at least not all the right ones. Maybe we should ask not just 'who are Oasis and Kusari', but also who is Torg?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:18 am 
Jimmymac wrote:
Maybe we should ask not just 'who are Oasis and Kusari', but also who is Torg?

Well I'm now firmly on board with the idea Kurasi is indeed already known to us... and to be honest I've alsways wondered that "who is Torg?" question. Outside of the 20 years of comics we actually know almost zero about his past before he met Bun Bun and also his rather odd ability to plan and outsmart others while appearing to be an idiot. If you look at it, Torg is the one character that really doesnt add up at all.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:12 am 
Marcus wrote:
Jimmymac wrote:
Maybe we should ask not just 'who are Oasis and Kusari', but also who is Torg?

Well I'm now firmly on board with the idea Kurasi is indeed already known to us... and to be honest I've alsways wondered that "who is Torg?" question. Outside of the 20 years of comics we actually know almost zero about his past before he met Bun Bun and also his rather odd ability to plan and outsmart others while appearing to be an idiot. If you look at it, Torg is the one character that really doesnt add up at all.

I don't think we have to question Torg's ability to do that, I think we saw it develop over these 20 years. I think at first it began as instinct to help others, then in the DoL started to solidify into strategizing, but really came together with Minion Master. His goofy self is still himself, and the strategist is another layer underneath that.

But since this is the Kusari thread:
I think I'd still like Kusari to be Kusari, and not have her be someone we already know. Maybe as she has been controlled all these years, she has watched Torg etc and longed for that kind of life (If I'm reading the concern in the last panel of 8/22 correctly). I guess we'll see. Or we won't. Who knows?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 am 
There are three possible explanations for Kusari's strange panic in today's strip that I can see. She desperately needs:
(1) ... to kill Torg and he is getting away
(2) ... to save Torg and knows he is running towards his doom
(3) ... Chen to succeed and is trying to stop Torg from intervening

I'm hung up on the possibility of # 2. And if # 2 is correct, it definitely has something to do with who is under that mask. After today's strip, I am abandoning my wildcard prediction from last week that Kusari is "a Zoe," and returning fully to the idea that she is "a Sasha."

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:08 pm 
Yeah.... I'm thinking way too much is being read into her comment to Torg today.

She is the right-hand woman to whoever is in charge of hC. And for all the many manipulations going on at hC - Riff and Torg have always managed to be in the middle of them, and a threat to them. Kusari doesn't have to have any personal contact to Torg to know who he is and have some working knowledge of his personality. Simply because whoever has been in charge of hC does - and who better than Schlock who has lived with Torg?

I would not be surprised if we have not seen the last of Sasha - for a number of reasons - but I do not think that she is Kusari. Yes, Kusari is masked for a reason, but I agree with randomlanguage - it would just kind of be weird for her to be a replicate of one of the main cast... I just don't see the sense in having a masked and unmasked version of someone. There is not 'tactical' advantage to that thinking that I can see - or be convinced of.

...unless it's a botched Oasis clone...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat