Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ] 

Post subject: Nostalgia
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:30 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: celestialfury284
AOL: CelestialFury284
After having only lurked here occasionally for the past... well, months, I decided to come back and look around. Feeling nostalgic, I tried to look for those old, epic battlethreads from WGARS, like the many kidnappings of Dotwarner, and the WGARS Revolution.

Search turned up nothing!

Where are these important bits of Sluggynet history saved, provided that someone has preserved them, and where can I get to them?

I have a sinking feeling in my soul, the kind that I get when I hear that somebody's tried to burn down a library or a museum.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:33 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
None of that sounds familiar, but I do know that the boards were reset a while back. Maybe it's from back then? I'm post resetting, but I know it happened late '04. good luck.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:47 pm 
This makes me sad.

I'm also noticing that although I recognize a lot of people on here, I also see many faces that aren't present. Mechamancer? Klepto-man? Squeakymewmew? Siggora? Riff's Trenchcoat? SkullX? Kerish? Mechabunbun, Destroyer bunbun, SSJ_bunbun? Jed? Kristy? Kullervo?

I feel old.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:49 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
SkullX is here, he came back recently and made me an av. SSJBunBun is down in GRPG still, too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:55 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
I don't know half those people. Mechamancer was here a few weeks ago. Probably backed up with school stuff. I think Klepto-man is rather active. RTC is on and off every few days. She is running an advice thread in WGARSia. I think I saw Jed, or was it kristy? I saw them recently. Kullervo sorta out for it. I don't remember the reason. The rest I've never seen before. I don't think.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:58 pm 
AOL: truedeathgoesmoo
RTC is still here, as far as I can tell.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:06 pm 
Angel wrote:
This makes me sad.

I'm also noticing that although I recognize a lot of people on here, I also see many faces that aren't present. Mechamancer? Klepto-man? Squeakymewmew? Siggora? Riff's Trenchcoat? SkullX? Kerish? Mechabunbun, Destroyer bunbun, SSJ_bunbun? Jed? Kristy? Kullervo?

I feel old.

I might be mistaken, but from those names, I think Mech, Klepto, RTC, SkullX, Jed, Kristy, and Kullervo are still here. The others look less familiar, or I haven't seen in a while.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:01 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
For me, the WGARS Revolution was way way back as it occured like a few months after I joined. Cross Roads still does battle threads (there's a new slightly less chaotic one about to get under way.) KCP is right though, the boards were wiped clean about a year ago so everything before that is currently unavailiable. Thyla said she'd try to get the old archives back but there hasn't been any word on that.

Coincidentally, I saved all the pages of The Non-Fanficcy Sluggite Story to End All Sluggite stories, but I've been debating on whether or not I should repost it. It'd would be much better if it was restored I think, but if the archives aren't going to be restored then I'd still like it to exist in some form on the boards.

Last edited by Dodger77 on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:04 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Imagine my nostalgia. As far as I can tell, I'm the longest-running fan on these boards (my fandom even preceeds Thyla!), having participated in the Sluggy Mailing List long before there was a sluggy.net and any forums. I haven't found anyone from the mailing list days here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:56 pm 
AOL: Krail9
I'm still around, though I haven't really been participating in anything but the RPG boards much for a couple years now. Occaisionally when school's out I spend more time in GC, although since all the argument threads were moved to POOP I stopping finding them... And, well, I just don't go and look at POOP.

I'm never sure if I was active enough in GC after a year or two that anyone recognizes me, anyway.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:18 pm 
Dodger, you still have that Sluggite Story? If you don't repost, I'd still appreciate the linky...

It may just be my absence, and/or having been on a much larger forum for so long, but everything seems... smaller, somehow. It's a bit disorienting, and at the same time, I've kinda missed it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:36 pm 
Angel wrote:
Dodger, you still have that Sluggite Story? If you don't repost, I'd still appreciate the linky...

It may just be my absence, and/or having been on a much larger forum for so long, but everything seems... smaller, somehow. It's a bit disorienting, and at the same time, I've kinda missed it.

The story isn't on-line. I just saved the pages to my hard drive. There's probably a better way to do it, but it's better than nothing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:38 am 
Kea tells me this board was hacked awhile back, but I don't remember when that was. I think I joined afterwards.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:29 am 
Yep, Sluggy.net's been hacked a couple of times since I've been here. The most recent incident was last march. There's a thread here filled with poetry commemorating the event.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:33 am 
Yahoo Messenger: styx326
AOL: drummeronthemoon
SMM, Siggy, Klepto, and Sklullx make random apperances, but never when you expect them to. Kullervo is a mod now, but on a sorta-hiatus-type-thing.

I recognize all of the names, and I even remembered yours, Angel. A 19-year-old hsouldn't feel this old...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ] 

Board index » Chat Forums » General Chat