Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:41 am 
Heya guys. Sorry if this isn't the right spot to ask (mods, feel free to move it if this is the wrong spot), but I'm not sure where else to ask.

I'm a reader myself and one of my old friends has been a big fan for quite a while. He has a b-day coming up. He says he doesn't visit the forums anymore, so I figured it's pretty safe to ask here.

He really wanted the Fire and Rain hardcover book, but for some reason or other didn't get one. I've been looking for one online for a few weeks and haven't seen one for sale anywhere. I'd really like to get it for him, since he has the other books. I hinted about the softcover, but he seemed set on a hardcover one. ^^;;

Please, does anyone know where I can find one for him? His b-day is just a few weeks away. I'd really appreciate your help.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
howdy,

The Hardcovers were a limited edition. I do not think that there are any more in production. The person to ask, however, would be Shirt Guy Tom, or his wife Kim. They handle the merch for Sluggy. I think they are Tom (at) Sluggy.com and kim (at) Sluggy.com.

Yes, i'm correct, at least on Tom's address... Just found it Here on the store page.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:50 am 
AOL: laglory
The person to write is Tom or Kim...well, both really. I know we had 9s at comic con and plenty of softcover 8s, but I don't for the life of me remember if we had hard 8s. I think we did, but don't quote me on that!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:33 pm 
Urk. Limited edition? So this is probably a tall order, eh?

Thanks for the tips, gregnier and LaMoon. I'll definitely write to them. But in the meantime, I guess if anyone has one to sell (fat chance) or sees one anywhere, would you mind letting me know? I'll keep checking back for a few days.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:09 pm 
I've tried twice over two days to send Tom email at the email listed in the store, tom at sluggy dot com, but it comes back as undeliverable: "unknown user: "[email protected]"" (It adds "takashi". Mail server name, perhaps?")

Well, I did find one on eBay, but it's outside what I can afford this month. (Why do all my big bills have to come up in July? ;_;) Here's the link for those of you who have a little extra cash around:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0012182685

I haven't quite given up on finding one, but I'll probably just order the softcover for him in a few days to make sure one gets here in time.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Sluggy Related Chat